java - Where is the displaytag of scheduled reporting? -


Then I am creating some reports and display these reports for output in html, csv, excel, pdf etc. I am using. Are paginated, and take a simple object graph ... and produce excellent results every time with very good code.

However, I need to use displaytag or its equivalent outside of a jsp. So that a user can schedule a report to run, and that report is stored in DB, or emailed to look after it. I have seen Jasper based reporting solutions, but creating a jasper jrxml file is just a nightmare. I know that there are GUI tools to help, but I'm making the content with simple output of the display, so I'm glad to leave that control for ease of implementation.

In fact, if I display: Configuring table with JSP, so please keep in mind that while offering a solution, keep in mind.

BTW, Java solutions will be my cup tea.

Why do you need to get it out of JSP? This is a perfectly good job of formatting your data.

You can write some code that makes web reporting to your reporting JSP. It then streams the output to disk, or whatever you want to do

Then schedule this new code from time to time without making any changes to your JSP.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -