content management system - Is it possible to create a SharePoint internet site? -


I want to use a CMS that can be accessed by its customers through the Internet. I have seen all SharePoint use is for intranet sites only what I am going to do:

  • Landing page for all customers with general information.
  • Customers login with client specific portal page client specific information.
  • can not be accessible through the Internet or SharePoint client.
  • General and client specific wiki.
  • I will not host it myself I will also be looking for a hosting provider.

I am also using DotNetNuke, which has lower cost of entry. I am open to other CMS suggestions, but my skills have been built around C # and ASP.net.

Before going down the SharePoint path, I wanted to make sure that these things were possible.

Thank you!

Update:

Thanks to all those who gave me some points to consider. In short, I have decided to do this (according to my current skill set):

  • SharePoint can be used for my needs (my initial question). Many great example sites.
  • Dotnet Net as my CMS I know that other good CMSs are available, but I prefer to stick to the Microsoft stack.
  • Branding in the dotnet will be easy.
  • The site will not be too big and it will not be used too many. SharePoint will overkill at this point.
  • I'm looking at many 'modules' (wiki, forums, ...) using more options / maturity using 'dictenet'.
  • <> To integrate a CMS solution with your software product and then install / implement this solution for different customers, with SharePoint a huge cost.

    Thanks for all!

    ed << p>

    ed

Whatever you need It is supported by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, which is not included on any additional cost with the Windows server license. However, SharePoint has an administrative and development overhead that you can avoid using a different platform. It does not seem that you are actually taking advantage of the special power of any SharePoint (Document Management, Office Client Integration, Adhoc Collaboration sites, etc.), so possibly not worth the extra effort.

In short, the answer to your question is "yes", but this is probably not your best choice with these specific requirements.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -