c# - How to execute a WiX custom action DLL file with dependencies -


I would like to create a customaction C # DLL file that relies on a third-party DLL (in this specific case, This is MySql.Data.dll ). I have the C # custom action DLL file that works with the YX slice below. I'm just trying to explain how to add dependency safely to a custom verb. Note: For this application running I do not really need this third-party DLL file file.

  & lt; Binary ID = "MyCustomAction.dll" SourceFile = "MyCustomAction.CA.dll" / & gt; & Lt; Custom Action ID = "FixedUp Configisfarm" returns = "Check" /> & Lt; InstallExecuteSequence & gt; & Lt; Custom action = 'fix up configoformic' = 'InstallFiles' & gt; Not installed & lt; / Custom & gt; & Lt; / InstallExecuteSequence & gt; Do I need to install a third-party DLL file ( MySql.Data.dll ) to run a custom action? 

Can I just add another binary tag with the third party DLL file?

A custom action assembly in the DTF YX toolset and all its references to a binary (self-extracting DLL , Basically) is a mechanism to include in. I do not write managed custom actions (C / C ++ creates custom actions with less dependencies and increases success rate), but it works only when creating in VS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -