svn - Visual Studio Source Control (AnkhSVN) & Bin directory for ASP.Net site -


itemprop = "text">

For one of your ASP.Net sites, I used the AnkhSVN to post a live post to a VisualSVN server. To do with the website.

This setup works very well for every directory except the bin directory. When I create my solution, DLL is placed in the site / bin but is not visible in pending changes. If I select DLL, right click--> click Refresh Status, right click -> Commit. It will be committed, but I can not send the DLL with the rest of the site / bin.

Am I doing wrong?

"post-text" itemprop = "text">

The visual studio does not consider DLL referenced in the project as a source. Thus they will never be checked in, only will be copied to the bin folder, when the site will be created.

VS Refresh files are used to refer to the DRL (the contents of the contents of a .ref file for the original DLL), and these fresh files are considered as sources and they will be checked. Do your setup work You will need to build the project before deploying the site.

Emo is such a work in a build system, such as, or svn in the post commute. You can easily install such a system to monitor your SVN repository, compile this solution and then, after successful, publish it on the live website.

Actually, I published myself on a staging server for a live test without first publishing a live website. But you can also do your build system.


Comments