sql - Is it better in MySQL to have 1 large table or 2 smaller tables? -


This is my position: I have around 50 different data that I need to store for 1 record ( No one is equal or repeating) About 15 people in the field, which I usually need to use in questions, while others are used on occasion (~ 40% of the questions).

Should I set up 2 tables, and can join other and 1: 1 relationships with less common areas? Or would I just put them in a table?

Does any advantage, speed or otherwise, do one or the other?

Post-text "itemprop =" text ">

Two tables mean that 40% of your questions have been included and 60% are not included.

You

Your 40% of the questions are slow. 60% of your questions are fast for two reasons 1) None included 2) Low physical data block .

Is this performance different "important"? Does it "make things better"?

Unless you spend on each question A. Do not explicitly define time - and run benchmark tests to measure the difference - it does not matter.

> Before you can decide what "better", you can actually perform Will have to be built and measured.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -