sql - MySQL full text search for words with three or less letters -


I try to get my full text search (in Boolean mode) to get three letters or fewer words I am here.

Currently, if I search for something like "NBA", then I do not get any results.

However, if I add the search term to the wild card operator "*", then I get the result.

I have also read that you can remove the three word limit in my.ini , but I am thinking that there is a better way to fly on it.

You may be interested in this section of the manual: (quote one part of it) :

The minimum and maximum lengths to be indexed are defined by the ft_min_word_len and ft_max_word_len system variables. The default minimum value is four characters; The default maximum version is dependent if you either change the value, then you have to rebuild your FULLTEXT index. For example, if you want to find three-letter words, you can set the ft_min_word_len variable by inserting the following lines in an option file:

  [ Mysqld] ft_min_word_len = 3  

Then you have to restart the server and rebuild your FULLTEXT index.

(You should read that page, I did not copy-paste it for more information ;-))


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -