python - How to prepare a django project for future changes -


As I work on my first degena power site, I am constantly learning new things and all my changes And as soon as I go I am trying to follow the dry and dragon principles and smart in my coding but eventually I have to keep the site alive and I am pretty sure that I do not do it for a long time, Something new and nick W will come down and I would like to implement it.

Preparation for the future:

Keeping this in mind, people have a suggestion about how I now future -Ready Is currently possible for uneducated / unknown upgrades / additional for these codes?

Hindusthh is 20/20:

Do you want to do that in the beginning that makes your life easier that your site is up and running?

Little Things I have learned (example):

  • Use UTC as the default timezone (and use datetime.datetime.utcnow () )
  • Use to help future database changes (it has not yet been done, but it seems intelligent)
  • Not having hard code links in my templates (Use get_absolute_url ()) / code> and reverse lookup)
  • Small reusable templatetags and utility functions To create a separate device app, which I would like to use in future projects (do not need a decouple later)

These small There are suggestions, and some are directly from the Dinggo-Docs, but I think they help

How about you?

  • What are your best practices for a new app or project?
  • Document requirements using a requirement file.

I am sure others may have suggested their deployment strategy, but for me to make these changes a big positive.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -