java - How to know when there's too much logging messages? -


I came across a pretty good library for parsing cue files. But when I started reading its source code, I realized that it is almost unreadable:

  Public Zero Setpants (Final Cushite Parents) {FileData.logger.entering (FileData.class. GetCanonicalName (), "setteacher (cushet)", parent); This.parent = parents; FileData.logger.exiting (FileData.class.getCanonicalName ()), "Setrentant (Cushet)"); }  

Each method has logger.enting () and logger.exing () messages. Is not it too much?

There is another Java library to parse the audio tag. There were also 15 log messages for each file that read it. It was disturbing, so I commented on every caller about logger. And the library was fast twice, because they used string consonants for log messages.

So the question is: Am I really going to log everything, even if it is not a big enterprise application? Because these libraries do not explicitly require any logging except error messages. And my experience shows that loggers are awesome tools for debugging. Why should I use it?

How do I know when there is too much logging? When you know that the information logged is not important in the long run, debug work or bug fixing is being done, or the app does not contain very important information.

Sometimes you need to log in almost everything. The full potential of performance or analysis is the most important part of an application? It really depends.

I have worked with many integration with many different webservices over the last several years, like 10 in the same app. Are we an overloaded all xml request and response logging in? In the long run, I do not think so because we used to work with lots of credit card operations and they should have logged into every process logged to server what happened when a bug happened?

I will not believe what I have seen in anything XML responses. I have also received an XML without closing the tag with a big airplane whether "excessive log" was a bad practice? Ask your client to prove to you that the error has come from another vendor.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -