Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugging Annoyances -


I have a solution of about 6 projects, and when I debug on a machine, any unmanaged exceptions Reasons are created to break the environment at that point that the exception is thrown, allows me to debug it.

However, on a different machine with the same solution (in the same version of VS), when I throw an exception, then I get a "Visual Studio bus-in-time debugging" window pop up It is happening, which tells me the name of exception, and something else - it offers to open a new visual studio example to debug, but that does not work because it is already being debugged by the IDE !

What's going on, and how can I get the Visual Studio back where the exception happened?

Cheers

You want to check exceptions in the debug menu (by default From Ctrl + Alt + E) and verify that only one exception is selected in both machines.

Perhaps on the second machine you have less exception types selected in that window. When one of the exceptions is not selected:

  • Debugger does not handle it because it has not been instructed
  • Exception passes through OS
  • The OS has launched the default system-wide debugger, which is the "Visual Studio Bus-In-Time Debugging" launcher if you have installed VS 2005 on that machine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -