java - QuickTime HTTP Basic Authentication on Safari 4 -


I'm using Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8, which is running Safari 4.0.3. My Cross Platform Java app has an embedded native web browser with its own internal web server, whenever the browser tries to run a file that requires QuickTime (mov, mp4, m4v, etc.), give me the username Get / Password Credential Dialog I am getting every request and being certified (at least the HTML file is authenticated) ... so I see the request for mp4 for example and it is never proven. The more of its QuickTime is not trying to hand over the credentials and is trying to prove itself.

I pass these credentials internally and every other file type works well with the original proof. I can also run Extreme with Clitime 7.6.4 and the same exact files on Windows and they play as expected (Windows is running IEEE as an embedded browser in this case).

Have problems with Quick Authentication on QuickTime 7.6.4 and Safari 4? I searched a little online with no luck.

This is not an issue with Safari 4, but a problem was added with Quicktime 7.6.4 The "security" measures were put into this version because it is only for QuickTime to authenticate itself though the browser is satisfied with the request for the HTML file for me and for example mp4 credentials i ... Another request for credentials arises after QuickTime I can not fill the credentials with certification listeners as part of the browser and the event to be removed from Quicktime.

This second set of credentials was found to be used to analyze request headers around my work. I came to know that when QuickTime was requesting from within my app, the path to the file in the GET header was a relative path, because the base path was known by the web server. When a single request was made from QuickTime using the "Open URL" option in the File menu, the complete path to the file was in the GET header. I can then check this GET header and if it was a complete path, then this request was coming from an external source and requires credentials, otherwise it was coming from my app and no basic authentication is necessary.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -