ruby on rails - getting the flash hash to persist through redirects -


My original use case is processing something, set flash [: notice] , and Redirect to a new page that I can tell, the redirect resets the Flash tag (Please correct me if I am wrong) Is there a way to gain persistence? Using the session is not an option, and I've used cookies to hack around the problem, but I think that should be a better way.

The Flash Hash remains true for a redirect or render. So you should be ok with the default settings.

If you need to keep Flash Hash for another request / Redirect, you can call Flash. Keep .keep

  Flash. Keep an entire flash hash around for an additional request. Flash.keep (: Notice) # Place Flash [: Notice] for just one additional request.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - Javascript/DOM Why is does my form not support submit()? -

sockets - Delphi: TTcpServer, connection reset when reading -

javascript - Classic ASP "ExecuteGlobal" statement acting differently on two servers -